No front page content has been created yet.
Sponsored by St. Lawrence University, and supported by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and a St. Lawrence University Innovation Grant, we hope to partner with:
To offer St. Lawrence University students experiences in sustainable agriculture, northern ecology, the living arts and traditions of the North Country and other cultures. This includes offering:
- Practical guidance for dormsteading, farmsteading and land stewardship
- Workshops focused on sustainably-oriented traditional and contemporary skills
- A context for dialogue and exploration of issues meaningful to life in the 21st century,
- A noncompetitive and supportive learning environment
- Access to local experts’ knowledgeable in a variety of rural life and folk art skills so that relationships and learning may continue beyond activities organized by the folk series
We are actively seeking input from students, faculty and staff. If you have an idea for a workshop - or would like to recommend an instructor - please drop us a line.
The Spring 2016 Sustainability House Folk Series is underway!
This series consists of six workshops that touch upon various aspects of sustainable living including cheesemaking, garden planning, mushroom cultivation and wood working!
Interested faculty, staff and students should visit our website for more information or contact the Student Coordinator, Lizz Muller, at email@example.com.
Location: Wachtmeister Field Station
Workshops are held at the Wachtmeister Field Station. Located at the edge of campus, set near the woods and the Little River the field station offers the perfect setting. Note that there is a walking trail from campus that comes out by the red barn and provides a safe place to cross over to the field station.
Workshop Idea List
We are in the process of generating ideas for future workshops and are looking for input. At present, we have developed the list based on five broad themes:
- Food/Sustainable Agriculture
- Green Building
- Northern Ecology
- Green Energy
- The Living Arts